Year 7, 8 & 9
- Students will be set interactive homework tasks on the online ActiveLearn platform. Students will receive immediate feedback following completion of each task.
- Approximately two homework tasks will be set per unit of work. This means that students will be receiving approximately two homework tasks every 2-3 weeks.
Year 10 & 11
- Students will be set interactive homework tasks on the online Kerboodle platform. Students will receive immediate feedback following completion of each task.
- In addition, students way also be set past exam questions, research assignments, or finishing work that has been missed due to absence or not completed in class.
- Homework will be set by each science teacher approximately once every 3-4 lessons.
Year 12 & 13
- A-level: Students will be set past exam questions, research assignments, and will be expected to apply lesson content to unfamiliar contexts. Each task will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
- BTEC: Students will be expected to complete a minimum of 45 minutes on their research and portfolio tasks.
- In addition to set homework tasks, sixth form students will be expected to spend at least the equivalent of lesson time on independent study. This will include reading, taking and reviewing notes, completing questions from textbooks, online activities, reviewing the specification, and regular self-assessment.
- Homework will be set on several occasions every week.