Year 7, 8 & 9
- The students will be set a list of key terminology to learn at home. This will be split into two sections; both will be tested over the course of the term.
- In addition to this, up to an hour every half term will be used for spontaneous tasks that will be based on the progress made by each individual class.
- These tasks may include watching YouTube clips, reading an article to prepare for a class discussion or debate.
- Homework may also include longer tasks that form part of an extended project. Such as a presentation or creating a video as part of a group assignment.
- Students will be set a key word test (could be in various formats- google multiple choice, fill in the blank, matching, or paragraph writing with key words used) twice every half term. As well, students will be given tasks that equal an hour every half term.
- This could be broken down in various ways, depending on the class. The work will either be divided into two 30 mins tasks or a series of 15 minute activities.
Year 10 & 11
- Completing past exam questions.
- Watching specified documentaries and television programs based on the units of work. Examples of these include: Trevor Macdonald Life on Death Row, Channel 4 and relevant BBC documentaries.
- It is expected that students will finish any work not completed in lessons, and ensure that sufficiently detailed notes are kept.
- Homework will be set every week, based on what has been specified above.
- It will take between 30 and 45 minutes to complete.
Year 12 & 13
- Students will be set a wide selection of reading to complete that ties into their learning. The students will be expected to make notes on what they have learned from the reading.
- Students will be set written tasks of varied length when it is appropriate to their learning in class. They will also be expected to frequently complete essays that are based on their reading and learning in class.
- Students will be set appropriate tasks that support their revision for formal assessments. This will include exam style questions.
- Students will be provided with a half termly homework timetable that includes reading tasks and timed essays. An hour set each week from each teacher/component will be standard procedure. The units covered will include Philosophy, Ethics, and Buddhism.