Sandhurst School is a fully inclusive mainstream school, where all students are valued equally, regardless of where their abilities lie. All students are entitled to have access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, which is differentiated to meet individual needs. Within its aims, Sandhurst School is committed to equal opportunities, with students being encouraged and enabled to achieve their full potential, whatever their academic or physical ability.
Students of all ages and abilities will :
– Be treated as individuals where their individual needs, interests and aptitudes are recognised
– Be provided with opportunities for continued growth and development so that they can increase their self-esteem and become confident
– Receive a balanced curriculum in both content and style of delivery which allow them to make informed choices as they progress beyond the school
– Be encouraged to achieve their full potential, whatever their abilities
– Be encouraged to learn through a range of enjoyable and stimulating experiences in an atmosphere where students feel valued, encouraged and safe
Meet the Team
Our dedicated team are committed to ensuring that our students achieve their potential.
– Miss N Webb – SENDCo and science teacher
– Mrs Byron- SEND support supervisor and English intervention teacher
– Mr Dexter- Assistant Head and SEND line manager
– Mrs Angedembe- EAL coordinator and English teacher
– Mrs Hawksworth- Access Arrangements Coordinator and psychology teacher
We also have a fantastic team of teaching assistants with a range of experience and expertise who support students with their learning both in the classroom and in the Learning Hub.
We offer a range of intervention to support student learning including:
– In class support from a teaching assistant.
– Small group intervention teaching in maths and English at KS3.
– Social skills sessions and lunch time support groups.
– Student and staff mentors.
– SEND support profiles to communicate needs and support strategies to teaching staff.
– Potential use of laptops to support written work.
– Stepping stones/ASDAN alternative curriculum pathways for KS3 and KS4.
– Access to the Learning Hub.
Suitability of these interventions is decided on a student by student basis depending on their needs and is also limited by available spaces and resources. For more information regarding how we allocate students to specific intervention please see our Sandhurst School Local Offer and information report below.
The Learning Hub
The Learning Hub (formally the Student Learning Centre) is the central area within the school where our support is based. This is where students can find SEND support staff during the school day. The space is used for mentoring students, for running specific interventions and for some small group teaching sessions particularly any alternative KS3 provision.
Our Policies and Procedures
If you wish to obtain a paper or electronic copy of any of these policies or any other school policy please contact Reception using the form on the contact page of our website.
If you have any questions regarding the support your child could access at Sandhurst School please contact the school on 01344 775678.