Year 7, 8 & 9
- Homework will be set on two occasions for each topic.
- Completion of an on-line Doddle presentation.
- Worksheets and quizzes that are linked with the classwork, these should take approximately 40 minutes to complete. There will be one or two per topic. These tasks are designed to check understanding or prepare for future lessons.
Year 10 & 11
- Computing: Homework will be set approximately twice a week and will vary according to progress of the group in lessons. At times reinforcement of key skills will be needed. The tasks will include online Doddle activities, past paper questions and planning tasks. There will be a combination of peer and teacher marking in the subsequent lessons.
- IT Level 2: The homework will be theory based, students will be able to use the website or text book to support them with their tasks. The students are expected to create detailed notes and mindmaps on each section of the syllabus following their lessons. They will then be assessed on their knowledge in class. This will be done using past paper questions and knowledge tests.
Year 12 & 13
- For IT Level 3 and A Level courses, it is expected that students will spends up to 3 hours at home completing homework, for every four hours’ worth of lessons.
- This will include reading, planning and short reinforcement tasks.
- In addition, homework will also include questions from past papers and text books.