Attendance in the Sixth Form is monitored closely by tutors and the admin team.
– All students are expected to attend all timetabled lessons, which includes citizenship, enrichment and supervised study periods.
– Doctor’s, dentist appointments and driving lessons should be made outside school hours where possible.
– Students whose attendance regularly falls below 90% may be asked to leave the Sixth Form.
– Parents will be informed by letter if their son/daughter’s attendance falls below 90%.
– Students who arrive more than ten minutes late may be asked to leave the lesson, and will be marked as absent.
– Students are registered electronically every lesson and an attendance summary is produced for tutors every week. Parents can request a copy of their son/daughter’s attendance summary at any time.
– Students must register in and out of the Sixth Form using the biometric registration system. This is essential for maintaining accurate records and health and safety.
– Students or their parents should ring the School to inform of any absence, this includes absence due to illness.
– If a student knows they are going to be absent, they should inform the teacher whose lessons they are going to miss beforehand and ensure that they copy up all relevant work they miss, including homework.
– Holidays will not be authorised during term time, and will be recorded as unauthorised absence. Absence prior to and during exam periods should be avoided. We will only authorise absence in exceptional circumstances.
An absence form should be completed and handed in to the tutor prior to an absence of two days or more.